Dairy products from South Tyrol (Alto Adige) are appreciated from consumers

By Laura Seguso




Most sectors of the dairy production record a positive development. With an increase of 5.1%, on top of the list is the production of yogurt with 126 million kilograms. Reinalter states that this is another positive information, especially considering that in Italy the production of yogurt fell by 2%. The many varieties of cheeses are also positioned very well on the market, with an increase in the amount of 4% for a total of 20 million kg. In particular, the amount of fresh cheeses such as mascarpone and ricotta increased by 6%. An interesting niche is the one represented by goat's milk that has grown by 33% up to 0.8 million kilograms and that is transformed into fresh milk, cheese, yogurt and butter.


New launches
Mila, the largest of the cooperatives that are part of the Federation, offers a new version of low-fat yogurt, “Benessere Zero grassi” (Wellness No fat), that is creamy and compact also in the white version. New flavours are cereal and fruit, vanilla, peach, and it has a higher percentage of fruit in the recipe.


Brimi, is specialized in the production of mozzarella: “Mozzarella Bio” (organic mozzarella), exclusively produced with fresh organic milk, from an organic and certified agriculture according to the European standards, and “Mozzarella senza lattosio” (mozzarella without any lactose), produced only with cow's milk after the lactose has been extracted. The pride of the dairy is the “Fior di Latte mozzarella”, produced only with milk from the farms in the mountains.

brimi senza lattosio

Latteria Vipiteno, which gives great importance to organic products has recently introduced the organic yogurt consistently proposed in a glass jar, and now also equipped with a resealable cap, which allows the consumer to eat it in different moments during the day and have the possibility to re-use it. The Vipiteno organic yogurt is gluten-free and it is made with whole milk from organic farming. It comes in five flavors: natural, vanilla, blueberry, strawberry and banana.

vipiteno yogurt bio

Latteria Sociale Merano, offers “Yogurteria Merano”, a frozen yogurt made from mountain milk and yogurt exclusively from Alto Adige, which combines the taste of yogurt to the consistency of ice cream, now available in the flavors natural yogurt, blueberry, mango and passion fruit. The vitamin drink “Bella Vita Free Drink” is also new. It is rich in vitamin B6 and D, gluten free and lactose free and comes to enrich the “Bella Vita Free” line. These products were both just presented at the Tutto Food exhibition.

Bella Vita Free 2x125g fragola.

About Ugo Stella

Sono un giornalista cui piacciono i punti di vista originali e un po' fuori dal coro, dove si possa trovare qualcosa di nuovo e stimolante. Attento alla tendenze di consumo, mi considero un foodie sempre alla ricerca di novità in campo alimentare, arrivino dalla produzione o dalla tradizione.

Post Your Thoughts